Friday, October 25, 2019

In Observing...

Not sure exactly when I wrote this poem.  Probably in my early 20's, at a time where I was far too negative, hopeless, certainly dissatisfied.  A time of questioning the true meaning of life, the odds of being happy, and my own place in the scheme of it all.

I thought it important to share this poem because I expect to be focused on the environment in my next posts.  And, not from a hopeful perspective.

Look for the hidden message.


In observing the beauty of a
Sunset, I began to question the
Trueness of the feelings of the current species on
His only home.  Unlike the first men of
Eons ago, modern homo-sapiens' only concern is
Racing from place to place in search of
Exotic pleasure fulfillment.  Our predecessors were
Hourly amazed with things no more complex than
Oranges defying gravity or the subtle change in
Position of that tide-controlling ball which many
Eager wanderers tried so desperately to reach only to
Fall back in frustration.  When huge, dark clouds crossed
Over his sky, he sat in awe at nature's way of
Ridding her domain of impurities.  Now, a storm is a
Mere inconvenience for us, the technologically advanced strain.
Although many look upon the days of the dinosaur and
Neanderthal with pity, I do so with envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment